Monday, May 20, 2013

Flats & Handwashing Challenge (The Sequel) Day 1



We were "supposed" to move this summer. I had to use quotation marks, because we're a military family, and plans have a way of changing in the military. 
When I decided to do the Flats & Handwashing challenge this year, I had planned on using it as a moving trial for me. Moving means hotel stays, life without a washer and dryer, and lots of expenses that you didn't quite plan on. I was hoping to simplify things by switching to flats for a while. Alas, I made to many plans in advance, and our plans were unexpected changed. We're no longer moving!

Sweet husband was deployed during last year's challenge, so he's never had to deal with flats before.
I  sat Sweet Husband down this morning to break the news to him. I gave him a quick outline:
-Flats only. No All-in-ones. No prefolds. No fitteds. For one week.
-No Dryers or washers, you must hand wash.
As soon as I said "hand washing" he looked at me and deadpanned "that's all you."

I figured, I should probably show him how to fold a flat into a cover anyway. Sweet Husband, isn't afraid of changing diapers, but he is afraid of messing with my "crazy Hippy ideas"*

So, ready or not, here we GO!


*My words, not his.

No comments:

Post a Comment