Thursday, March 27, 2014

40 Weeks... Oh My!!

I love beating the odds.

Yesterday was a day I never expected to see. 
Oh, wait, let me rephrase that. Yesterday was a day I never expected to be pregnant for.

Yesterday was my "due date".

This is a HUGE deal. Both Alex and Spain were preemies. With no full term pregnancies in my history, my chances of carrying to term were pretty slim. I was classified as "high risk" as soon as I took the official pregnancy test.

When I started having strong contractions at 28 weeks, I started to prepare myself for the possibility of yet another NICU stay. 




Making it to 37 weeks, felt like a miracle.


Making it to 38 weeks was surreal.



Making it to 39 weeks, was mind boggling.



Now that I've made it to 40 weeks, I'm in awe.

Sure, there is some uncomfortableness, it's not all sunshine and roses.
I'm so excited to still be pregnant. I love knowing that each day my baby is growing stronger, and our chances of ending up in the NICU are growing weaker and weaker.

40 weeks is a big deal for me.

40 weeks is a miracle. 

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! your little one is so big!! congrats and can't wait to see the new baby.... besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So excited for you! I better hear from you when baby makes his or her arrival! :) Is that henna on the 37 week pic? Looks cool!

    Miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super excited for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is shannon. Love you ireane

      Delete
  4. Omg yay!! I am so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete