Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Letters to my child

Dear Little One.

I'm not sure where you got this crazy idea that I won't feed you after the sun goes down. As I haven't been very far from your side since you were born, it does boggle my mind a little. Did your brother tell you something? He is a bit of tease.
I know it's a whole ten minutes since you last nursed. And while you may think you're starving, I want you to know that you're not. I'm not going to lock up the milk, or start refusing to nurse you. That nasty thing making the whoosing noise is just a breast pump. It's not your rival. I'd much rather nurse you than pump. In my mind there is no comparison.
Now my sweet boy, it's getting late.
Morning comes sooner for me than you. I love these midnight cuddles. All to soon they'll be over. I want to imprint these moments in my mind because they won't last forever.
I love you.
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment